The Account Manager Is Responsible For Managing An Array Of Accounts; Achieving High Sales Targets And Sometimes Even Overseeing The Work Of Account Executives. Account Managers Are Also Responsible For Building Relationships With New Clients And Leading Team Productivity.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Leading, training, and managing other members of the account management team and dealing with any issues that may arise.
- Responsible for managing several accounts and often being the face of the company to many clients.
- Championing the customer/client at all levels internally and training Account Managers to efficiently represent the customer.
- Achieving high sales targets and goals while motivating account executives to do the same.
- Building new business relationships using existing industry contacts.
- Giving sales presentations to high-level executives.
- Managing employer’s client relationships and providing clients with excellent service and support.
- Feeding back all suggestions for improvement and market research to senior staff.
- Ensuring they are aware with all competitive activities within accounts and preventing attrition.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Degrees In Business, Marketing, Or Any Other Related Fields Are Typically Required.
- Excellent Verbal And Written Communication Skills.
- Ability To Lead And Motivate A Small Team Would Be An Advantage.
Core Competency Requirements :
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Develop positive relationships with clients
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Supervise account representatives to ensure sales increase
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth