Server administrators are system administrators who specialize in installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows-based servers. This role encompasses back-end IT support for business-critical and development-related departments and personnel. Windows administrators also configure user access and maintain system stability and data security through deployment and migration.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems both on-premise and in cloud IaaS providers.
- Resolve difficult system problems and provide user consultation or training.
- Configure systems based on approved designs of the system and network security.
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Act as liaison with various departments across campus.
- Support on-prem and cloud servers, including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Configure, implement, and maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience,
- Experience in Multiple operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of CMA (cloud Management Application)
Core Competency Requirements :
- Support infrastructure deployment models, including Private, Public, and Hybrid.
- Maintaining a general level of expertise in Code Green, Proofpoint, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, AWS, GCP, and other Windows-based technologies.
- Ability to configure VMs and Web Applications through Azure Web Portal and Command Line Interface through PowerShell
- Collaborating with other members of University IT, to ensure that our services meet operations requirements for both internal and external clients, and ensuring that standards for consistent documentation are met. The successful candidate will need to work productively as a team member and participate in a collaborative decision-making process.
- Participating in 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- Document and follow processes and procedures for the Windows infrastructure and systems.
- Collaborating with the team on future direction and opportunities for new technology.